I will collaborate with fellow 4Humanities International Correspodent Eva Kekou and with conference artist in residence Dr Lucy Lyons in crafting a report including photos and the sketches Lucy made during the event.
In the meanwhile here’s the three Storify archives of the tweets tagged with #4hum (excluding retweets) which I created throughout the day, one per session. The fourth session was a final discussion to close up the symposium.
The presentations took place in three different sessions of two sets of speakers each.
- Professor Alan Liu, University of California Santa Barbara, and 4Humanities founder: “Creating a Humanities Advocacy Media Plan”
- Dr Rüdiger Klein, European Alliance for the Social Sciences and Humanities: “Making the Humanities Count – the dawn of a new era thanks to globalising Digital Humanities?”
- Amy Westwell and Oliver Milne, The Free Hetherington Campaign: ““Occupy, Organise & Origami” The Free Hetherington, Student Radicalism and the Democratic Intellect”
- Neil Griffiths, Arts Emergency: “The Arts Emergency we all face…”
- Dr Anna Upchurch, University of Leeds, and Dr Eleonora Belfiore, University of Warwick: “Redefining ‘value’: the arts, humanities and the challenges of contemporary life”
- Professor Andrew Prescott, King’s College London: “How the Humanities can Help Transform Science”
Hopefully these collections will be helpful in some way to demonstrate some of the value of what happened today.